With the weather as bad as it was, its surprising the fleet wasn’t in more serious trouble. The smaller quota has allowed many boats to make early seasons of the king crab fisheries this winter.
KODIAK, Alaska – Communications Station Kodiak watchstanders receive a call for a medevac of a 28-year-old man from the 150-foot Seattle-based fishing vessel Wizard 60 miles north of Cold Bay Nov. 7, 2011. A Coast Guard MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter safely hoisted and transported the man to emergency medical personnel in Cold Bay. U.S. Coast Guard audio by Communications Station Kodiak.
- Go Along For the Ride with Coast Guard Alaska! (getglue.com)
- Coast Guard preps for Bering Sea storm (cnn.com)
- Coast Guard aiding disabled fishing vessel (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Four aboard vessel are rescued by Coast Guard off Perth Amboy (nj.com)
- One of ‘Deadliest Catch’ crew requires rescue (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- ‘Deadliest Catch’ crewmember falls ill and rescued (mercurynews.com)