Fishing has really picked up the past couple of weeks. We are poised to have one of the best years in Southeast in 10 years. With the high salmon price and huge run, this could be one for the record books. Most of the big fishing has been on the north end of Chatam Strait. In the last two weeks over 9 million pounds of salmon has been harvested from the northern regions. Most of the boats are packed in to the north end, making Petersburg and Juneau popular spots for boats on days off. The next opener is 4 days long, as opposed to the two days on two days off routine. Basically, it’s time to get the net in the water and get down to business. Good luck to all the fisherman out there on the waters this season. Oh yeah, eat more salmon.
- Burning Boats and Double Deckloads. Southeast Alaska is Never Dull. (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- A Parade of Pink Salmon In Southeast Alaska (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- Salmon season soon to officially gets underway By LAINE WELCH (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- Wild Alaska salmon harvest tops 4 million fish – The Cordova Times (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- WORLD PREMIERE | Inseine! Salmon Seining in Southeast Alaska. (juneautek.wordpress.com)