Yesterday’s fishery managed to squeak out 1400 tons, so we are fishing again today. I can’t remember the last time that we fished back to back. Today the area open is just south of town amongst the islands. It should be a pretty shallow fishery, so some boats will be switching to their smaller nets. After a frosty morning the weather has changed for the better and we just may see some sunshine. I’m going to attempt to broadcast live again as the opener starts, so stay tuned. Here’s audio from the audio from the ADFG annoucement.
- LIVE in Sitka, AK for the 2011 Herring Fishery. (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- Ready, Set, Go? No Fishery in Sitka Today! (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- Its Herring Time! Two Hour Notice on Monday (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- Canadian Herring Sac Roe Seine Fisheries On Hold? (juneautek.wordpress.com)
- Biggest Sitka Herring Set Ever! (juneautek.wordpress.com)